Click here to download a Full Member application form
Click here to download a House Member application form
Click here to download Ballyholme Yacht Club DD Mandate
How to Join
Simply download and fill in the membership application form, and leave in at the Club Office. You will need two members to propose and second your application. If you do not know any members, please let us know and we will organise for a member to meet with you and show you around. Your annual fees can be paid by direct debit for the following year.
Membership joining fee is 20% of the total amount payable.
|Membership Category||Annual Fees 2023|
Members who are 26 years of age and over.
Includes 2 Senior members plus any junior or cadet members in a household.
Over 23 years of age and under 26.
Over 18 years of age and under 23 years of age.
Under 18 years of age.
|House (Social Associate)
Over 23 years of age. House Members are debarred from participation in water-based activities organised by the Club.
Other Membership Options
- RNLI CREW MEMBER ASSOCIATES – any serving crew member of Bangor R.N.L.I. Lifeboat who applies for and is duly elected as a social associate member shall have his entrance fee and subscription waived while he is a serving crew member.
- TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES – (a) The owners and crews of visiting yachts may be offered the facilities of the Club at the discretion of a Flag Officer or the Hon. Secretary. (b) Any person resident more than thirty miles from the Club may, on application to the Hon. Secretary, at his discretion, and on payment of the appropriate subscription be granted the facilities of the Club as a Temporary Associate for a period not exceeding four consecutive weeks in any calendar year.
Ballyholme Yacht Club is a club run by its members for the benefit of its members. We are a very sociable club where everyone knows and supports each other and members discover lots of new friends. Our mission is simply to promote and facilitate amateur sailing & watersports and social activities all year-round. We are run by our members within an Executive Committee who are elected annually and meet monthly, and a number of Sub Committees including the Sailing Committee, Shore Committee, Diving Committee, Training Sub Committee and so on.
We are Northern Ireland’s main centre of dinghy sailing in Northern Ireland and also have one of the largest keelboat fleets – both racing and cruising.
Activities at BYC
- Dinghy and Keelboat Sailing/Cruising
- Open Water (Sea) Swimming
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)
- Cruising Craic and Chat
- Annual Summer Regatta
- 6 Nations Rugby live on Widescreen
Full membership allows you to sail, kayak, swim and whatever other water sport you would like to introduce to the membership. You can take part in all of our racing, cruising and social activities. In previous years we have had over 110 days of sailing events/year plus numerous Dive Events, Sea Swims, Triathlons and Kayak courses/races.
We have lots of activities to get you and your family and friends on the water with Cadet and Family/Social Sailing and Taster Sessions. If you haven’t got a boat of your own, members can hire one of our Club boats – Laser Picos, RS Fevas, Toppers, and Laser Bahias within a Private Lesson. You also get discounts on all of our training courses – ashore and afloat, as well as reduced charges for the hire of our facilities for your own social functions. Please ask our office for more information.
We have a Training Manager to help train Adults and Youths with RYA Sailing Courses throughout the year. We also offer shore-based courses including RYA First-Aid, YachtMaster Theory and RYA Marine Radio (SRC) and RYA Day Skipper Theory.
If you would like to help with any of our club or open sailing events – whether afloat or ashore – we are always looking for people to join us. Please leave your name with the office and someone will be in contact. You can also fill in the relevant area for volunteering on the membership form.