NEW YEAR OFFER – From 1st January 2018, we have a 50% discount for your first year of membership which applies across all membership categories. This allows you full member benefits with all the access to sailing, swimming, kayaking and more.
We have a flat rate for new members for the whole year so it pays to join as early as possible. All you have to do is simply download and fill in the membership application form,and leave in at the Club Office. You will need two members to propose and second your application. If you do not know any members, please let us know and we will organise for a member to meet with you and show you around. Your annual fees can be paid by direct debit for the following year.
Ballyholme Yacht Club is a club run by its members for the benefit of its members. We are a very sociable club where hopefully everyone knows and supports each other and you will discover lots of new new friends. Our mission is simply to promote and facilitate amateur sailing & watersports and to promote social activities – all of which we try to do all year round.
We are Northern Ireland’s main centre of dinghy sailing in Northern Irela
nd and also have one of the largest keelboat fleets – both racing and cruising. We have a Diving section and also promote other water sports such as Power-boating, Open Water (Sea) Swimming, Kayaking, SU Paddleboarding and Kite-surfing.
We are run by our members within an Executive Committee who are elected annually and meet monthly, and a number of Sub Committees including the Sailing Committee, Shore Committee, Diving Committee, Training Sub Committee and so on.
Full membership allows you to sail, dive, kayak, swim and whatever other water sport you would like to introduce to the membership. You can take part on all of our racing, cruising and social activities. Last year we had over 110 days of sailing events plus numerous Dive Events, Sea Swims, Triathlons and Kayak courses/races. We have lots of activities to get you and your family and friends on the water with Cadet and Family/Social Sailing and Taster Sessions. If you haven’t got a boat of your own, members can hire one of our Club boats – Laser Picos, RS Fevas, Toppers, and Laser Bahias within a Private Lesson.You also get discounts on all of our training courses – ashore and afloat, as well as reduced charges for the hire of our facilities for your own social functions. Please ask our office for more information.
We host numerous social events throughout the year, including our very popular viewing of the 6 Nations Rugby with our Widescreen over the Winter, our Crusing Craic and Chat, and our Regatta in the Summer. We also have a Training Manager to help train Adults and Youths with RYA Sailing Courses throughout the year. We encourage all of our members to join in with us in all of our activities.
If you would like to help with any of our club or open sailing events – whether afloat or ashore – we are always looking for people to join us. Please leave your name with the office and someone will be in contact. You can also fill in the relevant area for volunteering on the membership form.
Current member categories to join as include:
- SENIOR – Members who are 26 years of age and over.
- INTERMEDIATE – over 23 years of age and under 26.
- JUNIOR – over 18 years of age and under 23 years of age.
- FAMILY CATEGORY – includes 2 Senior members plus any junior or cadet members in a household.
Non Voting Members:
- CADET ASSOCIATES – under 18 years of age.
- SOCIAL ASSOCIATES (“HOUSE MEMBERS”) – Over 23 years of age. Social Associates are debarred from participation afloat in all sailing, diving and boating activities organised by the Club,
- RNLI CREW MEMBER ASSOCIATES – any serving crew member of Bangor R.N.L.I. Lifeboat who applies for and is duly elected as social associate member shall have his entrance fee and subscription waived while he is a serving crew member.
- TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES – (a) The owners and crews of visiting yachts may be offered the facilities of the Club at the discretion of a Flag Officer or the Hon. Secretary. (b) Any person resident more than thirty miles from the Club may, on application to the Hon. Secretary, at his discretion, and on payment of the appropriate subscription be granted the facilities of the Club as a Temporary Associate for a period not exceeding four consecutive weeks in any calendar year.