The 2023 B Y Sea Swim
Ballyholme Yacht Club
Saturday 16th September 2023
BYC, kindly supported again by Dunluce Healthcare whom are hosting the third ‘B Y Sea’ this September and we now are delighted to welcome entries for the three events.
The event is open to all and is aimed at all levels of sea swimmers and both wetsuits / skins swimmers are welcome. Please note all entrants MUST have a tow float and MUST wear the bright coloured swim hat.
The course will be set on the day depending on the conditions. High tide is due to be about 12.00pm.
A number of food and drink vans and a mobile sauna will be on site with live music from 4.00pm.
- 3.9km @ 12.30pm – For swimmers who want to test themselves at Ironman distance.
- 1500m @ 3pm – The Eddie Skelly aimed at confident swimmers who have a competitive side and fancy an Olympic triathlon distance.
- 750m @ 4pm – For all levels of sea swimmer. An excellent introduction to an organised sea swim or for those preparing for a sprint distance triathlon.
Experienced Kayakers and Paddleboarders as well as RIBs will be on the water for all three swims.
All swimmers MUST have a tow float. All swimmers MUST have a tow float.
Tow floats and bright swim hats are required by all swimmers. No-one will be permitted into the water without one. This is both to assist the safety crews with visibility as well as the safety element should you need it.
Wetsuits are optional but anyone swimming without one should be experienced in swimming skins and not using this event as the first time.
Timing – this will not be a timed event and anyone wanting their swim time should arrange their own method of doing so.
All competitors must be over 16 on the day of the event. Any swimmer aged 16 or 17 must have a parent/guardian on site at all times they are in the water. The parent / guardian must be present at registration and will be required to sign a consent for confirming the ability of their child to be able to swim 1000m in the pool as well as having experience of open water sea swimming.
Any swimmer entering the 3.9km must be a confident sea swimmer and be comfortably able to swim 2000m in the pool. For the 750m and 1500m events, swimmers should have experience of open water swimming as well as being able to swim 750m in the pool.
Entry fees include entry to the distance of choice, a swim hat and day membership to BYC.
For non-members of the club – £20
For BYC full members – £5.
Limited space, book early to avoid disappointment!
Entries close at 12pm on Friday 15th September 2023.
Terms & Conditions
1. All swimmers must attend to register at least 30minutes before the start of the event they have entered. Latecomers will only be permitted entry at the discretion of the BYC Event Co-ordinator.
2. Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded, unless the event is cancelled more than 14 days in advance, when BYC will refund all entry fees.
3. In the event of adverse weather conditions deeming the event unsafe to run, attempts will be made to re-schedule the event. Refunds will not be applicable in this circumstance.
4. BYC accepts no responsibility for items lost or stolen whist at the event.
5. BYC reserve the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time.
6. Swimmers in the 3.9k are expected to be able to complete the swim in less than 2 hours. Anyone not making this cut off may be directed to shore from the support crews – support crew decisions, as with all the swims, is final.
We respect your privacy and protect all personal information you provide when entering the ‘B Y Sea’ Swim. The information provided will only be used by BYC to keep you informed of news of future events. We will not forward your information to outside marketing companies. Please contact email@example.com after you enter if you want to be removed from our database.
BY Sea Swim 3.9km @ 12.30pm
16th September 2023
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
BY Sea Swim 1500m @ 3pm
16th September 2023
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
BY Sea Swim 750m @ 4pm
16th September 2023
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: