The 2021 ‘B Y Sea’ Swim
Ballyholme Yacht Club
Saturday 28th August 2021
BYC, kindly supported by Dunluce Heathcare, is hosting the first ‘B Y Sea’ this August and we now are delighted to welcome entries for the three events. The event is open is all and is aimed at all levels of sea swimmers and both wetsuits / ‘skins’ swimmers are welcome. Please note all entrants MUST have a tow float and MUST wear the bright coloured swim hat provided.
The Course will be set up in Ballyholme bay and safety cover will be on the water for all three events.
The course will be set on the day depending on the conditions. High tide is due to be about 4pm.
A number of food trucks (Pizza and BBQ) will be on site all day and weather permitting we will have live music from 5-7. It is hoped that this event will showcase all Ballyholme has to offer and we look forward to you spending the day with us.
- 5km @ 1.30pm – for swimmers who want to test themselves – it is hoped this will be 2 laps of a 2500m course but may be 3 laps of a smaller course. A time limit for 1hr for the first 2500m is set to ensure no swimmer puts themselves at risk of hypothermia. Any swimmer not making this cut off will be directed to shore from the support crews – and their decision is final.
- 1500m @ 3.30pm – The Eddie Skelly Memorial Swim – 2 laps of the 750m course – aimed at those confident swimmers who have a competitive side
- 750m @ 4.30pm – An excellent introduction to an organised sea swim – suitable to all sea swimmers of all levels!
Experienced Kayakers and Paddleboarders as well as RIBs will be on the water for all three swims.
All swimmers MUST have a tow float.
Tow floats and bright swim hats are required by all swimmers. No-one will be permitted into the water without one. This is both to assist the safety crews with visibility as well as the safety element should you need it. A number of tow floats are available for purchase from BYC at a cost of £20 – please contact the club if you would like one.
Wetsuits are optional but anyone swimming without one should be experienced in swimming ‘skins’ and not using this event as the first time.
Timing – this will not be a timed event and anyone wanting their swim time should arrange their own method of doing so.
All competitors must be over 16 on the day of the event. Any swimmer aged 16 or 17 must have a parent/guardian on site at all times they are in the water. The parent / guardian must be present at registration and will be required to sign a consent for confirming the ability of their child to be able to swim 1000m in the pool as well as having experience of open water sea swimming.
Any swimmer entering the 5km must be a confident sea swimmer and be comfortably able to swim 2500m in the pool. For the 750m and 1500m events, swimmers should have experience of open water swimming as well as being able to swim 750m in the pool.
Entry fees include entry to the distance of choice, a gift bag containing a t-shirt and swim hat and day membership to BYC.
NOTE – There is a discounted entry fee applicable until 31st July
£20 until 31st July 2021
£25 after 1st August 2021
For BYC full members the event is in £5, non-member rate is £5 + £15/£20 depending on when you book.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All swimmers must attend to register at least 30minutes before the start of the event they have entered. Latecomers will only be permitted entry at the discretion of the BYC Event Co-ordinator.
2. Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded, unless the event is cancelled more than 14 days in advance, when BYC will refund all entry fees.
3. In the event of Government restrictions being in place that prevents the even from running as planned, timing may change if that enables the event to go ahead. The swim may run as different heat type events in the case of a cap on numbers attending events.
4. BYC accepts no responsibility for items lost or stolen whist at the event.
5. BYC reserve the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time.
We respect your privacy and protect all personal information you provide when entering the ‘B Y Sea’ Swim. The information provided will only be used by BYC to keep you informed of news of future events. We will not forward your information to outside marketing companies. Please contact email@example.com after you enter if you want to be removed from our database.
5km @ 1.30pm
28th August 2021
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
1500m @ 3.30pm
28th August 2021
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
750m @ 4.30pm
28th August 2021
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: