RYA Youth- Start Racing
This course will begin to provide the skills necessary for racing at a club level with confidence.
All the skills required to start club racing, including how to maximize boat speed and outwit your opponents.
Pre-requisites for U16s – RYA Stage 3 or better
For more information on these courses please visit the RYA wesbite
*****Important changes to facilitate Social Distancing ******
– Course participants should arrive dressed ready to go sailing
– We would request that participants arrive not more than 15 minutes prior to start time, instructors will not be available until then. Course participants should be collected at the course finish time
– Own kit is preferable but if kit is required it can be supplied for a nominal charge and refundable deposit (please tick box)
– Own boat use is preferable but a club boat may be used if required (please tick box)
– Courses will be half days, over the 5 day duration
– Courses will be run in small pods
– Morning sessions are Mon-Fri 9:00-12:15
– Afternoon sessions are Mon-Fri 13:15-4:30
– Currently courses are only open to members (subject to demand)
What to Bring
- Swimming costume under your wetsuit
- Buoyancy Aid/Life Jacket
- Wetsuit boots or an old pair of trainers
- We would ask where possible that participants wear a buff whilst out sailing
- Snacks in a named waterproof bag
- Water or Juice
Please ensure that everything is labelled so that you don’t lose anything.
Whilst the clubhouse remains closed there will be no safe storage for valuables
Ballyholme YC Members- £100, Non Member – £125
In the unlikely event the course is under subscribed, the club reserves the right to cancel your booking and refund your payment in full, with a minimum of 7 days’ notice.
Please read our cancellation policy prior to booking
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the office on 91271467 if you require additional information.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: