This one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers working under the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially;
- The Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to World Sailing’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4);
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981 for the purposes of Emergency First Aid at Work.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
- RYA First Aid 26th October
26th October 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: