Autumn/Winter Sea Swim
Following on from our very successful Monday night swims our Swim team will be organising weekend swims over the coming months. These will not be every week and very much weather and conditions dependent. To get this started they have arranged the first swim next Saturday @ 4.00PM
The event is for Ballyholme Yacht club Members only and there will be 30 places available.
Please note you must have your own tow float and brightly coloured hat to be able to take part.
We would ask you to please read the guidelines carefully before you book or arrive at BYC and please check them before making future visits as they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
Guidelines for Observing COVID-19 Restrictions when visiting Ballyholme Yacht Club (BYC)
Booking will close at 4.00pm each Monday. Please note you must adhere to the guidelines below at all times when visiting the club.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend BYC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your visit on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to arrive at the club and you must be away by your session end time.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website and FB for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated by these methods.
YOUR VISIT – General Guidance
Be considerate of others. Be conservative in your activity.
- At all times please show consideration for others by respecting the social distancing requirement of 2 metres.
- Please be aware of inherent risks and minimise contact with shared hard surfaces. Ensure hands are thoroughly washed and bring hand sanitiser for personal use. Hand sanitiser will also be available at clearly marked areas around the club.
- Please bring your own equipment and if you have to use club equipment for any reason, please bring cleaning products and cloths and clean any hard surfaces before and after use.
- If you suspect any equipment has been exposed to the virus, clean thoroughly and immediately advise the club office or duty executive officer on 028 9127 1467. This equipment must not be used for a period of 72 hours.
- Members visiting BYC must not gather in groups of more than 10 (with social distancing maintained), unless it is with members of your own household.
- Signage: Please read and follow all signage on site.
- Restrictions are in place to ensure overcrowding does not take place, this will be managed via the booking system, please note that advance booking is in line with government guidance.
- The club house and changing rooms will remain closed, please arrive ready to sail and note toilet facilities will not be available.
- Please bring your own drinks with you, especially if the weather is warm/cold and do not share water bottles or food.
- Please do not spend any longer on site than is necessary. Please give careful consideration to prevailing conditions and the condition of your equipment, when taking the decision to go afloat.
ON THE WATER
The following is guidance as we return to sea swims
- Check the weather forecast and tide times & heights.
- When booking please read the safety notice, by booking you are declaring you have read in full and giving your consent to swim at your own risk.
- Preferably swim with a buddy of similar ability.
- Dress appropriately for the conditions, preferably a wetsuit. Please also remember there is no access to changing facilities or showers at present so ensure you bring warm clothes for after.
- Ensure you are wearing a personal buoyancy tow float.
- Minor first aid eg cuts/stings must be self managed so come prepared.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your swim time for verbal registration and safety briefing in your group of 10.
- Realistically (and honestly) assess your ability, swim well within your comfort zone.
- Don’t go out or go back to shore if you have any doubts!
- Have a plan B for the unexpected.
- Under 18’s must have a responsible adult on shore.
- Be vigilant of your surroundings, particularly for other swimmers, kayakers and SUP support. .
- Don’t stay out alone after your swimming buddy comes in.
- Saturday 3rd October 2020
3rd October 2020 - 4th October 2020
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: