Day Skipper Shorebased Course
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
At Ballyholme Yacht Club, this course is offered on Tuesday evenings, from 6:30pm.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: