Day Skipper Shorebased Course
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers. At Ballyholme Yacht Club, this course is offered on Thursday evenings, from 7pm.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
please note when registering that a supplement of £20 is added to non-members’ bookings.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: