Ballyholme Yacht Club will be hosting a BSUPA Level 1 Instructor course on 7th – 8th May 2022.
The level 1 instructor course is a 2 day course designed for new instructors to teach SUP through the BSUPA Ready to Ride courses.
Ballyholme is a registered BSUPA school and with a number of Ready to Ride courses planned for this summer we will be looking for qualified instructors to take these courses.
There are some prerequisites for instructor candidates:
- You must be a BSUPA member (online sign up, annual fee £25)
- Minimum age 18
- Valid first aid qualification (BYC First Aid courses will be suffice, alternatively a certified 1 day course)
- Minimum 40 hours SUP experience on the water
SUP Capabilities (These will be assessed on the course)
- Competent on a range of boards
- ability to demonstrate a range of paddle strokes
- step back and reverse paddle turns
- board 360s and body 360s
- Paddle steering
- Basic push turns
- paddling in reverse
- Other sports teaching is desirable but not essential
- Shadow teaching will be included on the course
The course fee is £220
BYC Members are offered a discounted rate of £100 with the agreement to provide 3 ready to ride courses FOC.
Please note there is an non-refundable administrative charge of £1.50 per transaction.
The course fee includes manuals and certificates.
All BYC instructors will need to complete an advanced AccessNI check.
- BSUPA Level 1 Instructor course Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th May 2022
7th May 2022 - 8th May 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Ballyholme Yacht Club
Venue Phone: 028 9127 1467Address: