RYA Safety Boat
This two-day course provides the skills requiredwhen acting as an escort craft, safety boat or coach boat for a fleet of dinghies, windsurfers or canoes, or for racing or training activities.
During this course you will learn preparation, boat handling, dinghy rescue, windsurfer rescue, kayak or canoe rescue, towing, end-of-day procedures, safety, suitability of craft, local factors, communication, rescuing other water users and many other useful skills.
Minimum age to attend course is 16.
Weekend course- 2 day course 9:30am – 5:00pm
Evening course- 4 evenings 6:30pm – 10:00pm
You must have completed your Powerboat Level 2 prior to this course
What to bring
• Warm clothes; jumpers, hat, gloves etc
• Waterproofs (You will not need to enter the water)
• Welly boots or old trainers you don’t mind getting wet
• Lifejacket/buoyancy aid (if you do not own one we can provide one)
• A passport sized photograph of yourself for your certificate
One course is run every 2 months, if the course you are interested in is fully booked then please register your interest.
If you have a group of 3 then a private course can be organised on request.
Please see the calendar below and click on the course you would like to book. This will take you to the booking page.