Thursday, 1st March – 6:30-10pm at BYC; Saturday, 3rd March – 9-12pm and Sunday, 4th March from 9am.
The RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required to operate marine VHF radio equipment on a UK flagged vessel. This includes both fixed and handheld equipment with and without Digital Selective Calling (DSC). It is obtained by successfully completing an SRC course and an exam conducted at an RYA Recognised Training Centre (BYC!).
The SRC course may be taken in a classroom or online through an RYA Recognised Training Centre. There is no age limit for taking the SRC course although exam candidates must be 16 years old on the day of the exam.
Course subjects include:
- routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- the correct VHF channels (frequencies) to be used for each type of communication
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- ship to shore communication
- practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
Regarding the process for registering for the exam on the Sunday, please click the link:
There is a cost of £60 for the certification which is separate from the course fee.
- RYA Marine Radio (SRC)
1st March 2018 - 4th March 2018
18:30 - 12:00