Instructors teaching the National Sailing Scheme need to be qualified for the type of boat in which they teach, ie dinghies, small keelboats or multihulls.
Prior to the course candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum age 16;
- Valid first aid certificate – click here for a list of acceptable first aid certificates.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate;
- RYA Safe & Fun safeguarding certificate and pre-course work completed (accessed within the Safe & Fun course)
- Pre-entry sailing assessment completed within 1 year prior to the instructor training course.
*Please note that if you wish to attend a coastal instructor training course, both the pre-entry assessment and Powerboat Level 2 should be completed at a coastal location.
NOTE: Membership of the RYA (or the National Governing Body for your boating activity in your country of residence) is required in order for you to qualify or revalidate as an RYA instructor.
The March 2017 DI pre-assessment & DI Course must be booked together. (Unless the candidate already has a valid pre-assessment). If the candidate is unsuccessful in their March 2017 pre-assessment then the fee for the DI Course will be refunded.
- Dinghy Instructor Course - April #2
28th April 2017 - 30th April 2017
09:00 - 18:00