- Entry is now available via the ITCA website.
- You can now view the NOR at http://www.itcaworld.org/2016-topper-world and the Online Entry system is visible on the same page.
- On 31st May, we have 188 registrants from over 10 countries including China, Macau, Japan, Thailand and South Africa. View the ITCA facebook site for some of the incredible stories about some of the competitors.
- 1st July – we now have 197 entrants, the second largest entry ever!!
- 14th July – Sailing Instructions, Measurement Forms and notes, Rib Registration Forms, a draft Event Booklet and the Notice of Race are available here.
- 23rd July – Registration and Measurement Open – we now have 203 entrants !!!
- Bacon baps available for breakfast
- Menu for the evenings during the Topper Worlds – tickets available from registration
- Royal Ulster Yacht Club also available for lunch during the day to watch the racing and evening meals – please see posters around club for further details
- Sandwiches – you can order sandwiches for the following morning at the galley.
Saturday 23rd July – Registration and Measurement
Sunday 24th July – Registration and Measurement, Opening Ceremony
Monday 25th July – Racing – Qualification Series, 4.2 and 5.3 World Championships
Tuesday 26th July – Racing – Qualification Series, 4.2 and 5.3 World Championships
Wednesday 27th July – Racing – Qualification Series, 4.2 and 5.3 World Championships
Thursday 28th July – Racing – Finals Series, 4.2 and 5.3 World Championships
Friday 29th July – Racing – Finals Series, 4.2 and 5.3 World Championships, Prizegiving
Ballyholme Yacht Club are delighted to be the host of the Topper World Championships in 2016. Ballyholme YC have hosted Topper events for over 20 years including many National and Provincial events but this is the first time that we have hosted the Topper World Championships. We have of course a recent Topper World Champion with Liam Glynn winning in 2013 in France, and have had many RYANI Topper Squad members over recent years – many of which who have gone onto represent Ireland at the Olympic Games including James Espey (Laser), Ryan Seaton and Matthew McGovern (49er).
Our home town Bangor is a great place for a summer holiday – for all of the family.
Bangor is a classical Victorian tourism resort but it has lots of modern facilities to entertain you and your family during your stay. Please click here for more information about Pickie Fun Park, Aurora (Olympic sized swimming pool and leisure centre), Eddie Irvines Sportsplex, our Multiplex cinema and many other attractions. We are only 12 miles away from Belfast with the Titanic Signature Building and Victoria Square shopping complex, and with the recent motorway enhancements just a 2 hour drive from Dublin. You can also visit the world famous Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, have a walk around the Gobbins or visit the Mourne Mountains.
If the rest of the family want to be more active, Bangor and North Down is home to many golf courses (including the home of Rory McIlroy) as well as some great cycling routes. You can even hire horses locally.
For more information please contact our Event Coordinator Philip Martin or Club Manager Helen Farrell via our office email